Minimum 2 years' commitment, full-time job
This position will split time evenly between organizing our New York office, supporting US leadership, and performing general administrative tasks. Examples of responsibilities include:
- Office organization tasks, such as:
- Ordering/maintaining supplies (coffee, tea, printer paper, etc.)
- Maintaining relationships with vendors (e.g. courier services) and building management.
- Sending/receiving mail and copying/printing.
- Planning and coordinating office events, from office-wide meetings and lunches to larger-scale events such as office picnics and our annual US Retreat.
- Coordinating visits by colleagues based in countries of operation.
- Executive Assistant tasks for the President, One Acre Fund USA, and other US-based General Partners, including calendaring, expensing, light PowerPoint work, travel planning, light donor research, etc.
- Support senior leadership in planning and coordinating annual trip to the Skoll World Forum, the single most important external event of the year.
- Provide regular support to the President, One Acre Fund USA, on administrative tasks and other pertinent needs as they arise (e.g. donor research, scheduling, etc.)
- General administrative tasks, including:
- Managing legal & compliance (e.g., annual fundraising registration renewals)
- Answering general external email inquiries (e.g. potential donors, people with questions about our work, interested volunteers or partner organizations).
- Donor administration (e.g. tracking payments, basic Salesforce data entry and management).
- Other tasks designed to expand the scope of the role. The ideal candidate will eventually take on higher-level tasks such as more in-depth support to the business development team.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 1-2 years of work experience (but all experience levels welcome). We are looking for a candidate who truly enjoys all facets of administration and office management. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding administrative professional experience (e.g. administrative or executive assistant), ideally in a non-profit or start-up environment, but not required.
- Experience in office management or similar field a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- A demonstrated interest in or understanding of international development is highly desirable.
- Someone who is able to juggle multiple tasks and change priorities as new responsibilities arise.
- Values fit. We put a high premium on values. We want someone who has a true service orientation and humility – someone that puts our farmers before themselves.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine a strong skill set
with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to this position for the long term (minimum 2 years).
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, 401k contributions, flexible work environment
Sponsor International Candidates