- User Access
- Data to be Processed
- User Submissions
- Retention of Information
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- International Transfer of Data
- Your Rights
- Reasonable Security Measures
- Intellectual Property
- Links and Third-Party Websites
- Updates and Changes to an OAF Platform
- User Indemnity
- Limitation of OAF Liability
- Acceptance of Electronic Documents
- Governing Law
One Acre Fund is dedicated to delivering sustainable impact to farming communities in Africa and to playing its role as a good corporate citizen by conducting its affairs in accordance with applicable law, its values and international best practices.
We take pride in our work and accord a tremendous deal of respect and dignity to our stakeholders, including in how we request, process, use, store and transfer personal data.
2.1 We or us, our or ours, or OAF means One Acre Fund, Inc, a non-profit company incorporated in Illinois, USA and its foreign branches, subsidiaries and other affiliated entities globally.
2.2 You, User means the natural person accessing an OAF Platform and may include but not be limited to: an employee, a potential or existing client (person who signs up to use or purchase any of our products or services), job applicant, donor, any person browsing an OAF Platform for any reason.
2.3 OAF Platform means website(s), social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), digital/software applications and other online and offline media of communication owned, controlled or otherwise operated by OAF.
2.4 Personal Data is information that can be used to identify an individual and may include but not be limited to: name, address, phone number, email address, login information (account number/name and password), IP address, location data, personal identification number (ID/passport number, social security number), photos, video footage with your likeness, audio recordings, educational and professional records, and any form of biometrics, health, racial, ethnic, religion, gender-based, sexual preference, age or any other identifying personal data.
2.5 Processing data means what we can do with Personal Data; this includes collection, storage, use, transfer and removal of Personal Data.
By accessing an OAF Platform, clicking on the ACCEPT tab, and voluntarily submitting their personal details, all Users acknowledge and expressly and unambiguously agree to this Policy’s terms and conditions.
This Policy applies to all Users.
4.1 In order to qualify as a User, you must meet the following requirements:
- Users must be at or over the minimum age of majority in their country of residence or have the written consent of their adult parent or lawful guardian.
- Users must agree to and ACCEPT this Policy’s terms and conditions.
4.2 If a User provides, upon request by OAF for a specific purpose, any false, inaccurate, or incomplete information or if OAF considers that there are well-founded reasons to doubt the truthfulness, accuracy, or integrity of such information, OAF may deny that User current or future access to and use of an OAF Platform, or a section of the OAF Platform or any of its contents and/or OAF services.
4.3 Users undertake not to disclose the details of their account (where an account is necessary by OAF to access certain unique content or participate in a sensitive process of OAF such as recruitment and e-commerce) or allow access thereto to third parties. Users shall be solely responsible for any use of such details or of the services that may be made by third parties, including the statements and/or contents entered on an OAF Platform or part thereof, or for any other action carried out under their personal details, such as the use of their phone number, name or e-mail address.
4.4 Users are the sole owners or authorized licensees of the content entered by them on an OAF Platform. By agreeing to the terms and conditions of this Policy, the User grants OAF, in relation to the content that they may provide, a worldwide, irrevocable, and transferable license, free of charge, with the right to sub-license, use, copy, modify, create derivative works, distribute, publicize and exploit it in any way that may be deemed appropriate by OAF, with or without any further communication to the User.
4.5 OAF cannot guarantee the identity of Users, and it will therefore not be liable for the use by third parties of a User’s identity. Users undertake to inform OAF immediately, using the communication channels made available by OAF, if their credentials provided to OAF for any reason are stolen, disclosed, or lost.
4.6 We grant you a non-transferable, revocable, and non-exclusive license to access and use an OAF Platform, in accordance with this Policy, for such things as: shopping for items available for sale on an OAF Platform, gathering preliminary information regarding our products and making purchases and for obtaining information on OAF’s programs, stakeholders and strategy.
4.7 This Policy expressly prohibits actions such as: accessing our servers or internal computer systems, interfering in any way with the functionality of an OAF Platform, gathering or altering any underlying software code, infringing any intellectual property rights. This list is non-exhaustive and similar actions are also strictly prohibited.
4.8 Any breach of this Policy shall result in the immediate revocation of the access and use license granted to you without prior notice to you. Should we determine at our sole discretion that you are in breach of any of the provisions of this Policy, we reserve the right to deny you access to any OAF Platform and its contents and do so without prejudice to any available remedies at law or otherwise.
Data to be Processed
5.1 Information supplied directly by you:
- Registration Data: the information provided by you when you create an account on our online/offline Platforms – (name, location, email and phone number) to place an order for a product or service, to apply for a job vacancy or to donate to OAF or for any other legitimate purpose.
- Additional information that you wish to share: any information that you could supply to OAF for other purposes.
- Information about previous communications with OAF: OAF will have access to the information you supplied in the past for the resolution of any queries or complaints about the use of an OAF Platform through the communication channels provided on any of the OAF Platforms.
- Transcription and recording of conversations held between you and OAF for the processing of incidents, queries or any other consultations that may be made.
5.2 Information supplied indirectly by you:
5.2.1 Data arising from the use of an OAF Platform: OAF collects the data generated from the use of an OAF Platform every time you interact with it.
5.2.2 Data on an OAF application and the device: OAF stores data on the device and the Application you use to access our services. This data is:
- The IP address used to connect to the Internet using your computer or mobile phone.
- Information about your computer or mobile phone, such as your Internet connection, browser type, version and operating system, and type of device.
- The full uniform resource locator (URL) Clickstream, including date and time.
- Data from the User’s specially created account: information on the orders made by each User, as well as feedback and/or comments made by such User.
- Data from the User’s specially created account: information on the orders made by each User, as well as feedback and/or comments made by such User.
5.2.3 Data arising from the User’s origin: if a User accesses an OAF Platform through an external source (such as a link from another website or a social network), OAF collects data on the source of such access.
5.2.4 Data resulting from the management of incidents: OAF will collect the messages received in the format used by the User and may use and store them to manage current or future incidents.
5.2.5 Data arising from “cookies”: OAF uses its own and third-party cookies to facilitate browsing by its Users and for statistical purposes.
5.2.7 Geolocation Data: provided that this has been authorized by Users, OAF will collect data relating to their location, including the real-time geographic location of their computer or mobile device.
OAF collects, accesses, uses, processes and stores Personal Data from Users for the following legitimate purposes:
6.1 To use OAF Platforms
OAF uses the Personal Data collected from Users to enable Users to access and communicate through OAF Platforms with OAF and to facilitate the supply of products and services by OAF to them.
6.2 To Communicate
- OAF uses your Personal Data to communicate with you messages relating to OAF Platforms and Programs.
- OAF may send messages to the User’s device with information relating to the status of any online order placed, job application, incident reported or any other type of engagement with a User.
6.3 For statistical and service analysis
- OAF uses the User information for statistical purposes to analyze User behavior and trends and understand how Users use OAF Platforms.
- OAF also uses the User information to research and analyze how to improve the services it provides to Users, including the possibility of adding new, different services or products.
- OAF also processes User statistics based on the User’s Personal Data in order to assist Users in their decisions and use of the service, including the possibility to quickly reorder products ordered in the past or suggest products based on their past orders or "popularity" among new users. Additionally, OAF could assist Users in their decisions through automatically determined filters by the past historical orders Users have placed.
6.4 To comply with legislation and bring and defend legal actions
OAF may maintain records of conversations, chats, and messages with Users for the purpose of filing and/or defending any claims and/or legal actions that may be necessary, as well as to manage any incidents arising in connection with their interaction with OAF Platforms.
6.5 Promotions and commercial offers
OAF uses third-party technology integrated in its Platforms to collect user data and preferences and use this with CRM systems and advanced technology for the benefit of Users. The following processing may thus be carried out on their Personal Data through the information collected:
- OAF may send promotional messages and/or offers relating to its services that may be of interest to Users. OAF may gauge and personalize such advertising in accordance with its User preferences. If an OAF User does not wish to receive this information and/or commercial communications, he/she may at any time opt to “Unsubscribe” or opt-out, and OAF will immediately stop sending the aforementioned information.
- OAF and/or the third parties associated with OAF may use the User’s location or address data to carry out promotional activities for the delivery of samples or free products or demonstration of services that may be of interest to the User (e.g. home delivery of free samples or advertising brochures).
- Users may use their OAF Platform privacy settings to unsubscribe from online marketing services or to close their account if they do not wish to receive samples with their OAF e-commerce Orders.
Any Personal Data (for example, your name, location, and telephone number) you transmit to any of the OAF Platforms electronically or otherwise will be used by OAF in accordance with this Policy. By using an OAF Platform, you consent to such processing. Any other communication or material you transmit to OAF through an OAF Platform, such as questions, comments, suggestions or the like, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Anything else that you submit to an OAF Platform and/or provide to OAF, including but not limited to, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, "Submissions") will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and shall not be returned to you.
In addition to the rights applicable to any Submission, when you post comments or reviews to an OAF Platform, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such review, comment, or other content.
You shall not pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions. We may, but shall not be obligated to, remove or edit any Submissions.
Retention of Information
We shall retain your Personal Data for the period that it is necessary to fulfill the purpose we collected it for or for as long as it is required by law. The retention period will be determined by the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you, an existing legal obligation and whether the retention is necessary for a legal process.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
9.1 Any disclosure of your Personal Data shall be in accordance with applicable law. We shall assess requests to disclose and we may decline to share your Personal Data with the requesting third parties.
9.2 OAF User data will not be disclosed to any third parties unless:
- This is necessary in order to provide the services requested if OAF is collaborating with third parties;
- If OAF has the User’s express and unambiguous authorisation;
- Where this has been requested by a competent authority pursuant to its functions (in order to investigate, prevent or take action in relation to illegal actions); or
- Finally, where required by law.
International Transfer of Data
OAF may occasionally need to transfer your Personal Data outside your country of residence. In such cases, OAF will ensure before sending the data that it will be processed in accordance with its instructions and that your Personal Data is only transferred in accordance with any applicable data protection laws and regulations and this Policy.
11.1 You may exercise your rights free of charge at any time using the communication channels available on an OAF Platform. Your written communication must specify which right you wish to exercise, as well as, where applicable, the identifying data registered on an OAF Platform. We will contact you if we need additional data in order to verify your identity.
11.2 You may exercise the following rights of a data subject:
- Right to be informed why we are collecting data about you
- Right to access personal data we collect about you and request for information about how we process it.
- Right to request that we correct your data where it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to request that we erase your Personal Data except for when we have to retain your data if required by law.
- Right to withdraw your consent for processing Personal Data except for when we have to continue processing for legitimate or legal reasons
- Right to request transfer of your Personal Data.
Reasonable Security Measures
OAF has taken the necessary steps to maintain the required security level, according to the nature of the Personal Data processed and the circumstances of the processing, in order to avoid, to the extent possible and always in accordance with applicable law, its alteration, loss or unauthorized access or processing. As outlined in this Policy, Personal Data supplied by Users will not be disclosed to third parties without the User’s prior authorisation.
You acknowledge and confirm that all intellectual property rights and database rights, whether registered or unregistered, in an OAF Platform, information content on an OAF Platform and all the OAF Platform design, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, software, photos, video, music, sound, and their selection and arrangement, and all software compilations, underlying source code and software shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. Use of such material will only be permitted as expressly authorized by us or our licensors.
Any unauthorized use of the material and content of an OAF Platform may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of data protection, privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes and is strictly prohibited and you agree not to, or facilitate any third party to, copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Links and Third Party Websites
We may include links to third party websites on an OAF Platform at any time. However, the existence of a link to another website or platform should not be considered as an affiliation or a partnership with a third party or viewed as an endorsement of a particular website or platform unless explicitly stated otherwise.
In the event you follow a link to another website, you do so at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for any content, including, but not limited to, information, products and services, available on third party websites.
Updates and Changes to an OAF Platform
In addition, OAF reserves the right to update, amend or delete the information contained on an OAF Platform, at any time and without the need for prior notice, with regard to its layout, presentation and access conditions, without thereby accepting any liability in relation thereto. OAF does not guarantee the absence of errors or interruptions when accessing an OAF Platform or its content, or that it will always be up to date. Notwithstanding the foregoing, OAF shall, save in the event of circumstances making this difficult or impossible, take all steps to correct such errors, restore communication and update contents as soon as it becomes aware of the errors or disconnection or of the content being out of date.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless OAF, affiliated entities, and any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering an OAF Platform and offering products and services for sale, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, licensors, and representatives, from and against all claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including without limitation advocate's fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, an OAF Platform and (b) any violation of this Policy’s Terms and Conditions by you.
Limitation of OAF Liability
OAF assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for, any damage to, or virus that may infect your computer or other electronic device or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing on an OAF Platform, or your downloading of any materials or your purchase and use of e-commerce ordered OAF Products. Provided that OAF does not limit in any way its liability by law for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or breach of duty or caused by its gross negligence or willful misconduct.
While OAF uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on its Platforms, OAF makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of any of the OAF Platforms.
Your use of and browsing on an OAF Platform is at your risk. Neither OAF nor its affiliated entities, directors, officials, and employees, nor any of its agencies, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering an OAF Platform, is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages or losses arising out of or in connection with your access to, or use of the OAF Platform.
Acceptance of Electronic Documents
You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA for all general matters and the relevant applicable data protection laws of the countries in which OAF operates and manages programs in Africa and where a User resides for specific privacy and data protection matters.