About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: on average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
You will be part of a small team based in Minna, whose purpose is to adapt One Acre Fund's model to the Nigerian farmer. The Data Quality Coordinator will report to the Nigeria Innovations Associate. As the Data Quality Coordinator, you will oversee the development of surveys and support data gathering efforts for the pilot. By gathering and analyzing data about the program’s impact on farmers’ lives, the pilot will be empowered to grow much more quickly. Specific responsibilities include:
- Help design surveys and analyze data: The Data Quality Coordinator will work with the Innovations Associate to design surveys based on programmatic need and create them in the CommCare software. You will review, clean, and analyze the data collected to help the pilot make the best decisions available.
- Support daily survey operations: This is partly a field-based position. Expect to spend some time working with our farmers and enumerators, by observing the efficiency of the survey tools and conducting back-checks on data already collected.
- Staff development: You will train enumerators, ensuring that they are ready and able to collect high-quality data from farmers in the field, while steadily building the teams' capacity and competency.
Career Growth and Development
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll help shape a growing program and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for an professional with 2+ years of work experience and a passion for our mission. Specific qualifications include:
- Humility: We are looking for passionate professionals with patience and a humble approach to serving smallholder farmers.
- Creativity and problem solving ability. You always look for alternatives and solutions whatever problems you encounter.
- Cross-cultural communication: You will work with farmers and traditional leaders, as well as field team members, peers and pilot leadership.
- Work experience in M&E and survey operations, especially in a challenging environment such as rural agricultural or in volatile areas.
- Experience with data collection and analysis tools such as STATA or R. Sound working knowledge of ODK, CommCare, or similar software is preferred.
- Strong computer skills Microsoft Word and Excel (can perform complex functions).
- At least 2 years of survey management experience at work or outside of work.
- A willingness to live in Minna, close to our customers full-time - this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in Hausa preferred.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Consistent with experience
- Health insurance
- 25 days paid leave
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Relocation allowance
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Nigeria.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.