About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Program Design department’s vision is to provide strategic direction and annual planning for core activities, driving towards the achievement of the Kenya program's ambitious scale and impact goals.
At One Acre Fund, we call impact our “north star.” Our goal is to increase impact for the hundreds of thousands of farmers we serve across Kenya by encouraging them to purchase impactful products and training them on better agricultural techniques. The Impact Specialist’s work helps us to better enable life-changing impact to farmers.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Crop Health Support
The Impact Specialist provides key crop health support on major crop related pests and diseases faced by One Acre Fund farmers in Kenya. This work includes:
- Providing technical oversight on crop health agent work.
- Proactive monitoring and evaluation of crop-related issues and creating a strategy for responding to such issues.
- Identifying opportunities to increase field staff knowledge on crop health issues, including creating and reviewing training and materials on crop health related topics.
- Support for expansion and insurance related crop issues.
Stakeholder Coordination and Communication
- Coordinate impact/crop related operational activities with Field Operations and other departments, including, but not limited to, field officer quizzes,
- Centralized Execution Audits, field messaging, crop SMSs, KPIs, and impact related surveys.
- Build strong relationships with Field Leaders to identify areas of concern in the field, including responding to Field Leader questions and proactively
- Seeking input/feedback on crop health related issues.
- Representing the impact perspective in cross-team working groups such as weekly execution meetings and expansion and tree working groups.
Crop Health Response Team management:
- Directly manages, mentors and coaches the Crop Health Team Coordinator, including investing in professional development, scoping and assigning projects, and supporting on project execution.
- Proactively support the continued development of the Crop Health Response Team agents, and oversees the structure and processes of that team.
Driving Strategic Improvements
- Seeks opportunities to drive for improvement by identifying challenges and drafting long term solutions in order to increase the impact to our clients.
- Manages key projects from our Impact Strategy Pipeline.
- Prioritizes, plan and execute process improvements.
- Acts as a strategic thought partner for the Impact Lead in the development and implementation of our organisational Impact Strategy.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Program Design Impact Specialist specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Strong academic background required.Knowledge of crop health issues and integrated pest management is preferred.
- Strong work experience in a similar field is required, with demonstrated success. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Experience managing a team is preferred. Must be able to identify and prioritize team’s professional growth.
- Demonstrated project management abilities; successfully managing projects with high degree of detail and strong results.
- Proactive problem solving skills. Independently identifies and owns challenges and works with other stakeholders to deliver long term effective solutions.
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills. Able to use data to drive decision making.
- Stakeholder coordination and communication skills. Independently manages communication flow and decision making among key stakeholders.
- Able to tailor communication to specific audiences.
- “Driving to results” - able to collaboratively set goals and hold team accountable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate ideas and plans in a structured way.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Preferred Start Date
As soon As Possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.