We are looking for an intern to join our Field Operations team. Field Operations is the core of our program responsible for setting strategy, developing content, and ensuring execution of our program at scale. This position will take on key coordination, execution and some content creation responsibilities for our impact work within FIeld Operations.
The Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Updating and coordinating a Compliance project calendar; ensuring weekly updates and execution of various action items
- Field-testing and updating various crop compliance trainings.
- Coordination of compliance priorities through KPIs, and by attending field team meetings (including AFD meetings).
- Supporting the creation of a scalable, easy to use crop-health support and investigation system
- Spending quality field time to investigate crop health issues, collect key data and help make assessments on severity and next steps.
- Coordinating the execution of compliance trainings through targeted field follow-ups and strategy updates.
Special Projects: Assisting various initiatives throughout the year as and when required. This may include, for example:
- Tablet-based information management system for crop health data collection and analysis
- Updating and supporting implementation of all Fall Army-worm Trainings.
Execution: Supporting specific Execution-focused initiatives, including:
- Following up on training execution and effectiveness in the field
- Helping field-test key trainings before roll-out
- Generating feedback from field visits (~1/week) for tweaking trainings and strategy
- Supporting customer engagement efforts while following up on execution
The ideal candidate should have:
- Familiarity with Microsoft packages, especially Excel
- Knowledge of and practical experience working with Android mobile devices and tablets
- Ability to create new materials for training purposes
- Knowledge of database concepts, to develop and improve our existing technical systems.
- Maintaining a long-term perspective when faced with urgent operational demands.
- Working at a young organization that is growing rapidly, which means pitching in to ensure the very best support and services to both our clients and team
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Candidates fitting the following profile are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Citizenship in MALAWI – you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport bio-data page or your national ID card.
- Exceptional recent college graduates or young professional with Bachelor’s degree in Crop and Soil Sciences, Agronomy, Crop Health and Protection or any other related fields. Individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree as of June 2019 are eligible for One Acre Fund internships/fellowships
- Strong work experiences. Examples include summer jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school.
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA/Marks on your application).
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers.
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Analytical skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Fluent in English and Chichewa
22nd April 2019
Preferred Start Date
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing. The fellowship/internship program is a recruiting initiative.
Sponsor International Candidates
No. Malawian Nationals only
Note: Please submit a Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurricular, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.