The Marketing and Enrollment Credit Size Specialist will be a crucial member in supporting marketing and enrollment strategy design in Rwanda. The hire will be a core member of the Field Operations Team, based in Rubengera, and will report to the Marketing and Enrollment Lead.
The Marketing and Enrollment Credit Size Specialist will take ownership of credit size research to help the Rwanda Core Program reach their 5 year average client credit size goals. In this role, the hire will be responsible for:
- Researching key questions around client product choice and what factors determine and limit the adoption of impactful products.
- Conducting high-quality data collection and in-depth quantitative analysis that contributes to the overall marketing and enrollment strategy design
- Writing and prototyping marketing messages that help the program increase both in size and efficiency so that we are able to serve more clients.
- Developing trainings that grow our marketing team into an expert salesforce.
- Overseeing the procurement and movement of essential marketing materials to and from the field.
This role will likely evolve into leading a broader and deeper portfolio of marketing/enrollment design or operations projects depending on strengths, interests, and priorities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Marketing and Enrollment Credit Size Specialist will be tasked with researching questions around client product adoption and digging into what factors lead clients to (or not to) adopt specific products. This strategy research will take place both in the office and in the field.
- In the office, the Marketing and Enrollment Credit Size Specialist will take the lead on analyzing the past and present data we have on client product adoption throughout our Core Program.
- Some examples of projects would include looking into seasonal trends in client product choice, comparing regional distribution of product adoption, and/or calculating the effect of price drops in overall margin gains.
- In the field, the Marketing and Enrollment Credit Size Specialist will conduct research on the most effective messaging for product adoption, client product preferences, and limitations to credit size, both on the client and field team level.
The Credit Size Specialist will have to be able to define their research scope, targets and design research methodologies. This person will also work closely with the Field Operations Research Team to develop questions for monthly surveys and seasonal post-mortems of marketing and enrollment.
The research that the Marketing and Enrollment Credit Size Specialist is involved in will ultimately shape strategies for the future and help the FIeld Operations Team meet their 5 year client credit size goals.
Reporting and Analysis
In this role, the Marketing and Enrollment Credit Size Specialist will share research findings with the wider team through memos and reports. Being able to communicate effectively through writing is critical in this role, and will be essential in helping the Marketing and Enrollment Lead develop the seasonal enrollment strategy. The Credit Size Specialist will provide crucial information to help align stakeholders on key initiatives so that they are executed effectively and allow us to serve more farmers.
In addition to doing research on product adoption, the Marketing and Enrollment Credit Size Specialist will also work with the Field Operations Training Team to develop trainings that ensure that the program has a strong and effective salesforce with extensive knowledge about our products and how to best market them to the different categories of clients we serve.
The Credit Size Specialist would also take responsibility for overseeing the movement of materials that support our salesforce in their work, such as marketing materials, in-kind bonuses and data collection tools.
Field Operations Tasks
In addition to the above, the Credit Size Specialist will attend extensive field visits to monitor the execution of strategy in the field. This will occur throughout the marketing and enrollment period as well as during other times of the year to improve familiarity with farmers and our program, in order to more effectively develop strategies that increase the breadth and depth of our impact.
Additional Special Projects and Responsibilities
After 3-6 months getting up to speed, additional special projects could be added to the work portfolio (based on interest, bandwidth, and priorities – and subject to change) including:
- Work that encompasses more strategic decision making such as the development of the seasonal execution calendar and materials portfolio.
- External communication to different departments or stakeholders outside of the organization to present on past and current learnings and future endeavors.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-5 years of work experience, and a demonstrated long–term passion for international development.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career-track role with minimum initial commitment of two years. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Extensive experience in data analysis using R, STATA, Python or strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge and experience managing, cleaning and analyzing data.
- Strong work experience overseeing data collection in a rural setting.
- Experience designing and implementing research assessments about product adoption and client behavior.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong communication skills, and confidence in working and aligning with multiple stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
- High level of detail orientation and self-organization. You should be a proactive problem solver and strong communicator. This portfolio is a high priority for the organization and, as such, demands a high level of excellence in execution.
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likable team. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural Rwanda for at least two years – this is a long–term, career–track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language – English and Kinyarwanda
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.