Content is King, and our teams work hard creating strategy and materials to help our field team serve farmers and work towards the 2030 vision. Great content is crucial, but getting this content in front of the right audiences at the right time is what will drive our program to meet our ambitious targets. This roles primary concern is to make sure that our content is delivered when it is required. If a training is scheduled at the wrong time, or a material is not ready at the right time it doesn’t matter how great the content is, it isn’t helpful if it isn’t out in the field.
You will also play a critical role in the feedback loop that helps us understand how well our strategy is being implemented. This information is used to monitoring performance, and guide future improvement.
As an excellent coordinator you will be an integral part in ensuring that content is delivered smoothly ensuring successful execution of our activities. You will work closely with project team members, managers and leads to help deliver materials and trainings efficiently. You will manage administrative tasks, such as document and information distribution, report collation and communication support.
The Material/Information Lead PS fills a strategic imperative for One Acre Fund: to make sure all the information that is created at HQ goes smoothly to the field. While also making sure HQ is able to track performance through KPIs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Typical tasks will include, but are not limited to:
1. Planning and Calendar Design:
This PS will initially work with the Material Lead to help craft the agenda and calendar materials. This role is responsible for coordinating with stakeholders across the organization to schedule sessions/materials with FOs.
- They will then be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders across the org to schedule sessions/materials with FOs.
- Be responsible for creation of non weekly repetitive materials shared with the team to demonstrate upcoming activities.
KPIs are crucial for performance management. The ML will manage and assist the communication of changes in KPIs to the field team. The collection and visualization of the data. Working with multiple stakeholders to create the best experience. ML will make sure:
- Database are created from roster using R in a timely manner to allow for materials to be sent out on time.
- Data Visualization of KPIs is created, maintained and updated as required. This will require strong proficiency in Google sheets, and potentially Power BI in the future.
- Coordinate the KPI process between Systems, Program Design and Execution on an as needed basis. Generate the tracker from roster data and share with the field team.
3. Weekly Materials:
Every week, we deliver thousands of materials to the field: trackers to help Field Officers’ plan their week and target client service, client notices to inform clients of their credit or an upcoming distribution, agricultural trainings, team development trainings, etc. This role will take the lead on the translation coordination, and communication of all materials from strategy leads and the creation, finalization, translation coordination to districts and for:
- Monday Emails
- Weekly Tuesday Agenda
- FM KPI Trackers
- FO Client Trackers
- Instructions for Field Materials.
The Material/Information Lead PS will initially manage the OSM Director (JG3), and the translator (JG2). The Material/Information Lead PS will be expected to conduct weekly check-ins with the direct report and conduct Performance Reviews every 6-months.
Field Operations is continually looking to simplifying and systematizing materials. If you can make Field Officers 5 minutes more efficient, that saves us approximately 100 hours across the organization. You can do this by deleting some text, restructuring our Field Officer meetings, or improving visuals on a training.
The Material lead will also be responsible for the material budget line. They will focus on reducing printing cost, while maintaining impact.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff. Access to training opportunities and paid in-office training for relevant professional training.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 3 to 5+ years of work experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experience.
- Work experience in a Field Operations program role strongly preferred.
- A technical mindset: ability to learn technology quickly. Preference for skills, particularly in Excel, Google Sheets, and R.
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel/Word and Google Sheets/Docs.
- Ability to solve complex problems in a way that satisfies stakeholders and always puts farmers first.
- Ability to work independently and move a large portfolio of work forward quickly.
- Strong oral and written English and Kinyarwanda communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate with different teams.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to juggle many projects simultaneously without missing any critical tasks.
- Commitment to be based in Rubengera for length of contract, with potential work travel within the country.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance and paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.