Working with our One Acre Fund Logistics team presents the opportunity to build upon strong operational foundations, deepen and extend geographic reach, and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of thousands of farm families.
Distribution is fundamental to One Acre Fund’s core model and the logistics team is a cutting edge, cost-efficient, and professional rural delivery system. The Logistics Associate will be an integral part of the team that delivers millions of kilograms of goods each year directly to hundreds of thousands of farm families across Kenya. Your work will have a tremendous impact on the organization’s key mission of serving smallholder farmers. Responsibilities will include:
- Executing Input Distributions throughout the growing season - planning and executing the delivery of life changing agricultural inputs to over 400,000 rural farmers across Kenya.
- Serving as a liaison between One Acre Fund departments to ensure smooth execution of annual inputs distribution.
- Managing a team of warehouse and logistics professionals. This includes roughly 15 warehouse teams as well as an office staff dedicated to critical activity planning, providing key oversight, and managing third-party partnerships.
- Develop world class supply chain leaders through regular capacity building, mentorship, and stretch opportunities.
- Building and managing a network of third-party service providers including transportation, warehousing, and input suppliers.
- Designing and running operational trials with an emphasis on good data collection and analysis.
- Implementing scalable policies and procedures to enable our program model to grow effectively as we expand our geographic density and reach.
- Overseeing inventory management across all One Acre Fund Kenya warehouses.
- Serve as strategic thought partner to Kenya Logistics Manager and decision maker impacting 400,000+ farmers.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-5 years of work experience and a strong desire to make a positive impact for Kenya’s hard-working farmers. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments, etc.
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, or other operational management.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze and communicate data.
- Strong educational background; a related degree in Supply Chain Management, applied mathematics, systems engineering, or operational management is preferred but not required. Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience directly managing individuals and teams.
- Language: Fluent English required. A knowledge of Swahili or regional Kenyan languages are highly desired.
Preferred Start Date
Minimum 2-year commitment, full-time job
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, housing.
Sponsor International Candidates