One Acre Fund is a rapidly-growing organization with limitless potential for impact. We commit significant resources to our recruiting efforts to hire the world’s best international development professionals. Every year we receive tens of thousands of applications, and we are seeking an HR/administration professional with excellent organizational skills to help us manage our growing candidate pipeline.
The People Operations Recruiter will join our Global-based people operations team to provide support in a variety of areas. Example duties include:
- Lead Generation – perform research on “knowable universe” of priority candidates for Rwanda leadership roles. This includes understanding strong university programs, career services, scholarship and fellowship programs. It also means understanding and mapping our competitor and private sector landscape to help identify where we could find future staff members.
- Create and execute leadership search strategies with a variety of departments for the Rwanda program team then identify, evaluate and present leadership talent to senior management across Rwanda program team.
- Create and Maintaining Relationships with key networks in Rwanda– this means taking over existing relationships as well as taking over new relationships with universities, fellowships, government scholarship recipients, social enterprises, development organizations, recruitment agencies etc.
- Brand Building – Coordinate with the East African and Rwandan communications team to increase brand awareness to our target audiences. One example is creating a campaign as an “employer of choice” that highlights why working for One Acre Fund is unique in the Rwandan job market.
- Host Career Events – Host info sessions, career fairs, networking events. It also includes attending events by other key players to network on behalf of One Acre Fund.
- Support Rwanda Program Staff in Outreach Efforts – provide support to the referral program by supporting staff members in their efforts to network, cold-call individual
- Application screening: The Associate Recruiters will be an integral part in our candidate screening and selection process from the review of applications through the interview process. They will be the front line application reviewers and will select approximately the top 10-20% of applications each week to move to second review for Kenya based positions.
- Candidate interviews: Once candidates are selected for interviews, the Associate Recruiters will conduct many of the interviews and make recommendations on whether candidates move forward or are declined.
- Candidate database management: As applicants move through One Acre Fund’s candidate pipeline, the Associate Recruiter will help to accurately track the progress of those applicants and update field staff on the progress of specific candidates.
- Recruiting special projects: The Associate Recruiters will play an integral part in ensuring our talent search is effective and successful and would be called on to come up with innovative strategies to recruit, grow, and retain staffers for the Rwanda program
- Admin Tasks: We are a young organization that is growing rapidly. This means that all staffers pitch in to ensure we are providing the very best support and services to both our staffers and clients. We are looking for diligent and enthusiastic staffers who can tackle tasks quickly and accurately.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking someone with an interest in people and recruiting, experience in a fast-paced work environment, and a deep interest in international development and/or nonprofit work. The ideal candidate possesses the following qualities:
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail; the ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior written communication skills: the People Operations Associate Recruiter will have daily contact with our candidates and East Africa-based team members and should be able to engage with them in a friendly and professional way.
- Presentation skills and comfortable with public speaking
- Event planning experience preferred but not required
- Experience in recruitment, executive search or sales
- The ability to multi-task while effectively prioritizing
- Internal drive: the People Operations Associate Recruiter will often work without much supervision and must be a self-starter who can proactively complete tasks without continuous oversight.
- A humble approach to service: we are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with patience and humility.
- Language: English required; Kinyarwanda, and/or French a plus.
Up to 15-20% travel required in country of service. Frequently travel to rural field location to work closely with hiring managers.
Preferred Start Date
Flexible, but as soon as possible.
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, immunizations, flights, housing.