ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. In India, we have been serving farmers for 2 years by providing quality farm inputs on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, coupled with agricultural training to maximise harvests. We make farmers more prosperous and on average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund sees tremendous growth potential in India in the agriculture sector and agri-input and support services and there is a need to adapt to the local context to take our service to the next level of impact.
ABOUT THE ROLES
We are looking to hire some exceptional entrepreneurs with a start-up mindset to take the mission forward and transform the organization into a world-class social enterprise.
We have 3 roles open and are hiring for:
- Head of Operations - You will be part of the leadership team in India and will hire and lead teams to expand operations in multiple districts and states of India.
- Tech Lead - You will be part of the leadership team and based on the need of users, you will build a tech solution involving a mobile-based application integrated with a cloud base database system.
- Supply Chain Lead - You will develop a relationship with agriculture input companies and agri-input buying organisations and manage the supply chain for the user base.
Qualifications for Head of Operations
- 7+ years of strong work experiences in the microfinance / NBFC / FinTech sector.
- Experience setting goals and taking ownership of driving towards them. Deep interest in building something from the ground up.
- Excellent team management & mentorship skills, e.g. recruitment, onboarding, development, and management of staff.
Qualifications for Tech Lead
- 5+ years of experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of product / application development, e.g. web-based and mobile-based systems.
- Deep knowledge of technology platforms, digital payments, engineering, and product management.
- Experience leading a team that drives tech solutions to meet program operation needs.
Qualifications for Supply Chain Lead
- 4+ years of experience in agribusiness, supply chain, marketing or procurement management experience.
- Passion for operations, building scalable and efficient systems and solving problems in a difficult operating environment.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to manage groups of stakeholders and build partnerships, e.g. working with local suppliers in Bihar.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in India.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.