People are the most valuable resource at One Acre Fund. Our HR & People Specialist will facilitate rapid professional growth for our staff and future leaders, recruit the most talented Ethiopian candidates to our team and create a work environment in which our staff are incredibly productive and happy to stay with us for the long-term. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Driving Professional Development and Learning – The HR & People Specialist will be a champion of growth and learning. S/he will assess people-related needs across the program, develop a prioritized project pipeline and execute on high-impact staff development initiatives. This could include leadership training programs, ensuring timely and consistent Performance and Development Reviews and Plans and/or championing cultural change.
- Building Our Team– The HR & People Specialist will approach team building from two angles: (1) attracting and screening top Ethiopian candidates for positions at One Acre Fund, and (2) making One Acre Fund one of the best places to work in Ethiopia through driving initiatives to create a positive and integrated workplace for our teams.
- HR Administration – The HR & People Specialist will improve and develop HR systems and manage our employee life cycle from start to finish, addressing issues as they arise. S/he will manage the contracts, onboarding, compensation, grievances and terminations of our growing staff.
- Management – the HR & People Specialist will manage a small team of administrative and recruiting professionals, ensuring their performance and professional growth.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking one exceptional professional with 5+ year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for organizational/staff development and leadership. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Candidates with a background in Human Resources are preferred.
- Strong work experiences are a necessity. These should involve leadership.
- Examples include managing a department or team, managing a large project, driving change initiatives, designing and facilitating trainings or launching a professional development program.
- Strong undergraduate background at top East African university or international university. Please include your GPA on your CV.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with intelligence, maturity, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to live in Bahir Dar for 3-6 months and then travel regularly to the Regions. It is important that the HR & People Specialist understands the culture and capacities of our program staff.
- Women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Language: English and Amharic required.
Preferred Start Date
Bahir Dar for six months, with potential transfer to Addis Ababa, pending organizational priorities, performance and employee preference
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position. Ethiopians, male and female, are encouraged to apply.