About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
As a member of the Field Operations team, your responsibilities will include:
Implementation & Strategy
- You will implement parts of the Zambia core program directly. This could include key activities in the following work stream: marketing and farmer enrollment (sales), input delivery, farmer training, and credit collection.
- You will measure progress against goals, regularly report on progress, prioritize and deliver results linked to the core program functions
- You are detail-oriented and will continuously find new ways to streamline documentation processing and knowledge management for an operation that is rapidly growing.
- You will support the annual goal setting and planning processes for the Field Operations Division. Helping to ensure annual plans align with the long-term vision and targets.
Transformation & Innovation
- You will be tasked with recommending efficiency plays to FIeld Operations leadership and identifying areas for cost savings and programme improvements.
- You will develop key initiatives and run trials that will enable the Field Operations department to better execute its core program, for example in the area of repayment collection
- You will be part of our largest department in OAF Zambia, including a 100+ field team, and around 5 HQ staff.
- Over time you may assume management responsibilities for part of the team
On a day-to-day basis, your role will involve a mix of activities, similar to the below:
- Understanding and solving problems: observing field operations, meeting with leaders of our field staff, running surveys, conducting desk research, analyzing KPIs, etc. Then creating simple and lasting solutions to complex problems.
- Planning and executing medium-sized projects: identifying clear goals, creating project calendars, designing workflows, creating field tools and talking points, designing incentive systems and understanding stakeholders, following up and monitoring project execution in the field, etc.
- Communicating with other teams: working in coordination with One Acre Fund’s other teams on the ground to execute a smooth customer experience in the simplest way possible.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking a talented professional with solid experience in project planning and execution. Most importantly, the successful candidate will have solid strategic thinking skills, as well as enjoy problem-solving and working in a fast-paced and high-stakes environment. Other criteria:
- Mission-driven individual that can align 100% with OAF's values in putting farmers first.
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Strong academic performance:
- At least an undergraduate degree in human resource management, project management, statistics, economics, population studies, development studies, or any other relevant field
- Top-performing undergraduate records.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Zambia.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.