About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund Kenya is our largest and fastest-growing country of operation, and is one of the largest social enterprises in sub-saharan Africa. By 2030, we aim to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families.
The goal of the Program Innovations department is to design programmatic changes that increase One Acre Fund’s scale and sustainability. These changes include using technology to improve the efficiency of our field program and creating new methods to attract clients. We are looking for an Innovations Associate who will run 1-3 high priority projects. You will be involved in all phases of innovation management, from design to execution to evaluation.You will report to the Innovations Senior Manager.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage complex innovations aimed at improving client retention and field staff efficiency
- Create detailed project plans and coordinate across multiple teams to ensure smooth project operations
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to evaluate project results
- Directly manage 1-2 entry-level staff and invest in their professional growth.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 3+ years of relevant work experience and a passion for serving smallholder farmers. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- 2+ years of experience managing complex projects and coordinating across multiple teams
- An ability set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Experience improving established processes
- Enthusiasm for learning, feedback, and improvement
- Familiarity with research methods such as human centered design
- Experience assessing project outcomes and making data-driven recommendations
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and ability to use excel/Google Sheets to do basic analysis
- Experience mentoring others and supporting them to achieve their professional goals
- Commitment to building an inclusive and diverse team culture
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- English required; Kiswahili preferred
- A willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years
Preferred Start Date
February 1, 2020
This role is based in Kakamega. You may work up to 25% remote from another location of your choice.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.