About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Customer Protection (CP) Specialist has full, independent ownership of the CP calling team and actively trains the CP Deputy Supervisor to take on additional responsibilities for weekly management of this large scale, high-risk survey that reaches 10% of our customer base each season. Through further training, the CP Specialist is aiming to downshift CP survey maintenance in order to 1) provide vertical growth to the Deputy Supervisor position, and 2) open up their bandwidth for a larger scope of work in the Customer Service (CS) portfolio.
With a downshift of CP survey maintenance, the CP Specialist is expected to take on additional ownership of the CS portfolio with greater independence, initiative, and drive. This includes managing CP data in the Kenya program and working closely with the Field Operations department to feed customer assessment of our service back into our approach to mitigating harassment. The CP survey is designed to reach 10-15% of every site within the program and checks on customer protection throughout every major field activity (i.e., enrollment, delivery, impact, repayment). This insight is channeled into CS improvement work that cuts across Field Operations, Program Design, and Systems so that we can increase retention and program perception throughout the country.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
CP Team Management (25%)
- Directly managing one CP Supervisor
- Indirectly managing five or six Senior CP Officers
- Conducting weekly check-ins with CP Supervisor and monthly team meetings with all Senior CP Officers
- Directly contributing to or delegating team building activities and professional development of the team members
- Maintaining high-level oversight of CP Senior Officer performance (i.e., weekly updates from the CP Supervisor, real-time QC of phone calls, and supervision of biannual professional development reviews)
CP Survey and Data Management (30%)
- Monitoring CP survey with weekly checks and maintenance of survey management tools
- Automating CP management tools in order to downshift CP survey maintenance and monitoring to CP Supervisor
- Assisting in CP survey phone calls (with Kiswahili or Kikuyu populations)
- Identifying and troubleshooting survey challenges between the CP call agents and Field Operations and Case Investigations teams
- Conducting two annual CP resets through adapting CP survey platform, call trackers, question translations, and survey management tools
- Defining process details for annual CP survey resets (September and January) to downshift to CP Supervisor
- Serving as CP survey representative within the Kenya program and as key deputy with global CP
- Administering handover of CP data to content owners (in Performance Management, Program Design, and others) as needed for CS-facing work (e.g., CP scores)
- Managing CP data and executing on data analysis for special CP projects and trimester reports
- Leading CP improvement projects up to medium complexity and co-leading improvement projects up to high complexity
Customer Service Improvement (35%)
- Leading or contributing to improvement projects within the larger body of CS work with ability to independently scope/sketch sub-projects
- Leading or contributing significantly to CS focused research in the Field through field visits, meetings with Field Leaders, and SFD presentations
- Serving as key deputy in forward movement for improved customer service efforts in the Field
- Promoting CP and CS work through departmental meetings (i.e., FTSP or Weekly Execution Meetings) as well as contributing to cross-department and cross-country CP/CS meetings
Short Term Support Liaison (5%)
- Maintaining dashboard displays for weekly discussions
- Facilitating technical dashboard transitions during seasonal shifts (i.e., enrollment, delivery, training, repayment)
- Acting as CP representative during monthly STS discussions to contribute to decision-making around performance improvement strategies
- Serving as a STS liaison to the Field Staff Management (FSM) team to assist in action plan template creation and record-keeping
- Conducting periodic audits of STS work to determine effective strategies for struggling districts and to scope STS improvement work
Professional Development / Mentorship (10%)
- Engaging in Professional Development courses offered by the Training Department
- Maintaining a mentorship with Program Specialist or Program Associate to build Field fluency and program understanding
- Maintaining a mentorship with Program Specialist or Program Associate to build technical skills (specifically R)
- Visiting the Field at a minimum of bi-quarterly (2 times every 3 months) to observe field activities and leverage that into CP project work
- Engaging in self-study with Microsoft, Google Suite, and R tools for an increase in technical skills
- Promoting work through presentations to the Field Operations and Program Design teams
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking individuals with good technical skills and some analytical skills as well as a demonstrated passion for sustainable agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa. We are looking for exceptional candidates that wish to be a proactive member of a rapidly expanding vision of customer service. Please only apply if you fit the criteria below:
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Additional technical skills welcome, but not required
- Stamina / Ability to work on a prolonged project
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Proactive problem solving personality
- Self-motivator / Initiator of obtaining new skills
- Clear communicator
- Integrity and humility
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- University degree (please include grades and test scores on your resume)
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.