About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Field Operations team is the heart of our program directly serving clients. As the Field Operations Director, you will directly manage our team of 3,000+ staff and lead the implementation of our high-impact program across four sub-teams: field execution, field deliveries, customer service, and field staff management. You will report directly to the Deputy Country Director - Program.
- Guide daily operations and set strategy to improve our largest country program
- Create strategies ensuring this team can continue 25%+ annual growth
- Improve daily execution, ensuring customer service is the forefront of our work
- Develop and grow our team of over 3,000 staff, across multiple regions in Kenya
- Improve sales, training, and portfolio management ability of field staff.
- Hire and mentor future leaders, to promote rapid career growth and program expansion.
- Promote customer-centricity across core operations, and increase program impact
- Ensure our customer-service remains focused on delivering real, tangible impact to customers
- Oversee and improve our training efforts, ensuring they are streamlined
- Shape country-level strategy
- As a member of the senior-leadership team, guide long-term strategy for the Kenya Program.
- Translate this strategy into improvement projects and execution plans for the Field Operations Team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 10+ years of relevant work experience, and a passion for serving smallholder farmers. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- 8+ years of managing a successful and large team
- Project management and execution: Ability to develop, plan, and execute complex programs across a large team
- Growth mindset: Enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Cross-cultural fluency: You will collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Leadership experience in the marketing sector is an advantage
- Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor's Degree
- A willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years
- English required; Kiswahili strongly preferred
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
This role is based in Kakamega. You may work up to 50% from another location of your choice.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.