About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Deliveries & Materials Execution (DME) Specialist is responsible for coordinating all deliveries made to the Field Team across our 50 districts and 15 regions. This role manages both weekly and incentive deliveries with support during Follow-Up Deliveries (FUDs) for our annual inputs. In addition, they support the annual planning of our seasonal agricultural deliveries to ensure that all clients receive their inputs on time and can realize a successful planting during the rains.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Input Delivery Execution
- Planning - Participate in input delivery planning through working groups as the Field Ops representative to provide input on seasonal deliveries, improvements and strategies.
- Communication - design and execute on communication strategies to the field and clients on updates and challenges with input from relevant stakeholders such as FSM and System teams.
- Training - plan and execute on Input Delivery Boot Camps by setting up the calendar, writing trainings, coordinating printing and distribution and planning field training location logistics.
- Troubleshooting - respond proactively to field challenges, design talking points for input delivery issues and provide these to Field and CE
- Execution - execute on strategies arising from planning discussions and seasonal coordination meetings and developing required tools and project plans
Incentives, marketing materials, GL materials, Staff materials and IT equipment.
- Incentives Coordination
- Design and maintain annual calendar of incentives deliveries and status updates on procurement and delivery status.
- Place orders with procurement and global Inputs to sources different incentives materials.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to make sure that incentives are delivered to the field in a timely manner.
- Track annual performance of vendors and give feedback to procurement and work with procurement to get best available prices for high quality materials.
- Track incentive inventory and maintain records of stock levels.
- Boot-camp Materials
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to receive materials to print internally and procure with external vendors.
- Procure needed items with procurement or global inputs.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to make sure materials are delivered on time to the appropriate districts.
- Track receipt of correct version at the district level to make sure that trial placements are received at the right place.
- Coordinate boot-camp materials for Enrollment, Crop, Client Service, Input Delivery and any other boot camps.
- Oversee AA team to book and expense venues for the appropriate days.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders on report creation for reports to staff, Group Leaders and Clients. Work with relevant teams to make sure they are printed and delivered to the field in a timely manner (delivered by transport or digitally). Reports include CRPRs, GRPRs, Client Notices, Client Invoices, etc.
- Staff materials
- Build tools to streamline work
- Take on projects to improve materials execution and issue resolution
- Tool-kits - coordinate compilation of document content, coordinate print and delivery to make sure items are delivered to the field in a timely manner. For non-print tool-kits, publish digital documents to relevant stakeholders.
- Staff kits - Determine package for the year with relevant stakeholders and coordinate execution of staff kits by procuring items and making sure they are delivered in a timely manner.
- Track Field Staff IT needs and procure required items such as laptops, printers and other assets
- Oversee IT Maintenance Process and Field IT Inventory
- Tool Development and Project Management
- System Liaison
- Act as the FOPs liaison for system teams and drive improvements with procurement, logistics and bizops
- Coordinate field issue resolution through responding to zendesk and escalating field issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Direct management of 2 staffers who facilitate core program deliveries each week in conjunction with stakeholders in Logistics, Business Operations, Print and Procurement.
- Team planning and Leadership
- Recruit, hire, train and on-board new team members
- Systematize and downshift work
Any other duties related to One Acre Fund daily activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Exceptional Excel skills with the ability to analyze data and give reports to various stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to critically analyze information, drive toward logical ideas through sound reasoning
- Strong ability to liaise between various departments/teams and maintain good working relationships
- Project management - ability to plan, coordinate and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Good communication skills
- Resilience and ability to stay focused on long term goals
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya. Kenya country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.