About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Product Innovations Department Overview
The Product Innovations (PI) Lead will sit with the Impact Division, reducing the risk of farmer investments by offering proven, impactful products and trainings. Product Innovations drives One Acre Fund towards continual growth by researching and trialing agricultural products, non-agricultural products, and trainings that solve the fundamental challenges that Tanzanian farmers face. The department works to maximize adoption or adherence and minimize logistical complications in an effort to reach as many farmers as possible with high impact products.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Team Management of 25+ Department Staff
- Team management of 25+ department staff.
- Lead product strategy to maximize farmer impact and enrollment through both products and trainings.
- Design and oversee efficient product trials on both agricultural products (example: a new fertilizer blend on potato) and non-agricultural products (example: solar lights). Trial objectives vary, including assessing effectiveness of product on farmer income as well as reducing risks to program complexity during roll out.
- Plan budget, staffing, and project priorities each year and for the coming 3-5 years.
- Coordinate and foster efficient learning with other Product Innovations Leads, agricultural and analysis experts, and other departments both within the program country and cross-country.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Commitment: Ability to make a minimum 2 year commitment living in rural Tanzania, full-time
- Management: 3+ years of directly managing and developing a successful team
- Project management: 2+ years experience with designing, planning and implementing multiple complex projects at once to success
- Trial design and analysis: Practical experience writing research plans based on objectives including survey data collection, data analysis leading to specific recommendations, and report writing
- Growth mindset: Enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Cross-cultural fluency: Ability to collaborate and learn from colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Leadership experience in the marketing sector is an advantage
- Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor's Degree with relevant Masters degree preferred
- English required; Kiswahili strongly preferred
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes; country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.