About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Field Staff Management Strategy and Operations Specialist is an execution based role that entails field implementation of projects and initiatives that aim to improve each of these specific drivers. Additionally, the role involves multi-stakeholder coordination and field staff data management, both of which are crucial in pushing the Field Staff Management team closer to reaching its vision of equipping every field staff member with the skills, tools and resources necessary to excel in their role.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Field Staff Promotions and Onboarding
● Coordinate the communication process for field staff promotions and onboarding between HQ and the field staff.
● Organize and manage a decentralized screening process for all promotions candidates.
● Partake on promotions interview panels.
● Design and coordinate onboarding for newly promoted staff.
● Oversee an evaluation survey of the process with the field team and analyze key results.
● Write the post-mortem report.
Field Officer Hiring and Onboarding
● Design and roll-out the project to hire 430+ new Field Officers every year.
● Liaise with Field Leaders and the HR department to ensure each step in the process is followed according to a predetermined schedule.
● Manage and update a candidate reserve pool.
● Manage and update all candidate tracker databases.
● Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure all materials for the process are procured and delivered in the field.
● Design and coordinate onboarding for newly hired staff.
● Write the post-mortem report.
Field Staff Payroll
● Process and approve all Field Staff payroll monthly requests.
● Manage, update and design all Centralized Compensation databases.
● Provide analysis to high-level stakeholders on field staff payroll.
● Follow-up in the field to address compensation related issues and concerns.
● Calculate and QC performance bonuses and incentives at different stages in the season.
● Coordinate and update all Field Staff reimbursement requests during the season.
● Design and implement a communication process for distributing compensation related letters to the field.
● Design and maintain transport calculators for each season.
Implement Field Staff Performance Management
● Assist the project lead in rolling out a field-specific centralized performance management process. This is a highly complex year round project and will require extensive field collaboration.
● Coordinate with Business Operations to generate regular performance reports.
● Manage and regularly update Performance Dashboards.
Field Staff Data Management
● Coordinate with HR, Business Operations and a team of Field Administrative Associates to ensure all Field Staff Data is updated monthly.
● Process and approve any Field Staff data change requests from the field.
● QC and update Field Staff Data platforms to ensure all systems are aligned and updated. When systems are not aligned, coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure the necessary changes are effected through different teams across various systems.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Kenya Field Staff Management Strategy and Operations Specialist Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Strong academic background required; a Bachelors’ Degree in relevant field.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, especially strong excel data analysis skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders on numerous concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle sensitive staffing information in a confidential manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive problem solving personality.
- Self-motivator / Initiator of obtaining new skills.
- Clear communicator.
- Integrity and humility.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Languages: English and Kiswahili required.
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.