About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Agile testing:
- Plans and executes the monthly testing cycle for the QA team in addition to your own tasks. Manages the SQA test calendar, leads in bug triaging and cross communication between clients, QA and the development team.
- Complete ownership of the release testing cycle, embedded assignments, and management of at least one staffer. Act as lead within the embedded teams for first level bug triaging.
- Management: Directly manage one or more JG2-3 staffers and has made significant progress in the professional development of said staffer(s) via documented development plans, promotion plans and Performance Development Reviews.
- Manages one or more servers and researches/troubleshoots solutions independently or have a record of creating improved technical systems in Information Technology Development
- Plans release testing and testing components of each report within their embedded teams, track report automation progress and share with management.
- Give input on future staffing decisions and departmental planning, prioritizing work and shifting tasks regularly to ensure smooth completion of sprint and release cycle tasks.
- Begin intermediate automation tasks for your own projects, share knowledge through technical documentation and assist junior reports and staff on UI recording. Strengthen reports domain knowledge of OAF tools
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2-3 years of relevant professional experience at established professional organization required when hired externally into this pay grade.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 2+ years of work or internship experience in a professional development environment.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and continuous integration is desired, but not a requirement.Automated Testing Tools (JMeter, Katalon, and Selenium preferred).
- Strong self-manager. Someone who is very well-organized, and can manage their communication, time, and work independently.
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least two years.
- Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org).