About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
As an organization, we constantly seek to impact more farmers. In Nigeria, that work is just beginning. This role is part of a small team based in Minna, whose purpose is to successfully establish the OAF model in Nigeria, starting small but scaling-up rapidly within the next few years. The Nigeria Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Field Coordinator will report to the Nigeria Innovations Associate.
The Nigeria M&E Field Coordinator plans and oversees the day-to-day execution of the data gathering efforts of the pilot. More specifically, this role includes: staff management of a team of 2-4 enumerators, planning and creating surveys on CommCare software, cleaning and analyzing data from surveys, and recommending programmatic decisions based on that analysis. By constantly gathering and analyzing data about the program’s impact on farmers’ lives, the pilot will be in a position to scale much more quickly.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
On a day-to-day basis, the Nigeria M&E Field Coordinator will execute a mix of activities, depending on the annual planting calendar:
- Collaborate on strategy for survey and data gathering efforts: The M&E Field Coordinator will work closely with the Innovations Associate and Data Manager to optimize learnings from a continuous survey effort.
- Manage the execution of day-to-day survey operations: This is a largely field-based position. Expect to spend most days interacting with field-based staff and our customers, whether to oversee survey collection, run focus groups, or visit trial plots to monitor maize growth. When in the office, expect to work plan and collaborate with other teams to maximize your team’s capacity.
- Team building and management: This is a management position. The M&E Field Coordinator will manage a team of ~8 enumerators. This includes hiring and training staff, ensuring they are ready and able to support farmers on a daily basis in the field, as well as steadily building capacity and competency across your team as it grows.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with +2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Humility: We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with patience and a humble approach to service to join the pilot’s leadership.
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills are a must. You constantly look for alternatives and solutions to problems in order to get the job done.
- Strong communication skills, as you will be interacting with farmers & traditional leaders, as well as team members, peers and pilot leadership.
- Work experience in M&E or survey operations, especially in a demanding environment such as rural agricultural or in volatile areas.
- At least 2 years of people or project management experience at work or outside of work.
- A willingness to live in Minna, close to our customers full-time - this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Language proficiency in both English and Hausa, written and verbal is required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off, Relocation stipend,
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Nigeria.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.