About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Executive Support & Operations Specialist primarily provides administrative support to the Executive Assistant to the General Partners. S/he ensures the smooth running of one of our largest offices on a day-to-day basis, serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external clients, and organizes and oversees special projects related to the Kigali offices.
We are looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision, who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed and who is a strong self-starter able to take the initiative and problem-solve effectively.The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a love of efficiency and excellent client-facing communication skills. If you have worked in a fast-paced office in the past and you enjoy establishing your own organisational systems, we are excited to talk with you.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake ad-hoc research work, collect and analyse data to prepare reports and documents.
- Assist with event planning for bi-annual leadership gatherings.Coordinating participant logistics, communications and some aspects of the meetings with respect to administration.
- Organize venue bookings, accommodation and detailed travel arrangements.
- Support to collate and prepare information for key meetings.
- Complete monthly leadership expense reports.
- Coordinate the transmission of confidential documents to the Executive Director’s for his signature.
- Manage a variety of special projects on behalf of the executive some which may have organisational impact.
- Act as the face of One Acre Fund and the office, providing excellent service to all visitors and introducing them to the office as needed.
- Track all visitors to the office to ensure we have accurate records of visit dates/times.
- Ensure all departments & visitors are in compliance with established office protocols
- Manage internal communications with staff regarding office-related issues.
- Collect, sort, distribute, and prepare mail and courier deliveries in a timely manner.
- Use and improve office filing and storage systems, to ensure consistent records of all documents - e.g. invoices received, courier coupons for mail sent out, inventory received etc.
- Maintain office databases such as the internal mailing list, staff list and vendor contact lists.
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced and respond to requests or issues.
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Organize the weekly office lunch.
- Support staff with printing/scanning requests.
Payments & Procurement
- Prepare annual budget for the office, plan key expenditures and analyse / explain variances.
- Monitor the office budget to ensure it is within the allocated limits .
- Plan and execute the procurement of office equipment.
- Ensure that all consumable items -- coffee, tea, sugar and milk etc -- are replenished and available daily, and that kitchen space is clean and well organised.
- Prepare, submit and confirm payment of office-specific invoices e.g. utilities/rent.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
Support Staff Supervision
- Management of Kigali offices support teams to ensure they are clear on their responsibilities, able to complete tasks on time and at high standards, and providing them with professional development opportunities.
- Supervise the cleaner/s to ensure high levels of office cleanliness and organisation .
- Supervise the security guard/s to ensure all visitors and contractors working at the office are authorised, have access as needed, are overseen and accounted for during their time there.
- Support drive forward new innovations within the office that are led/owned by Global Corporate Operations e.g. standardizing of office administrative processes/operations across Rwanda offices including district and satellite offices.
- Work towards building our team culture within Kigali offices.
- Responsible for gathering team feedback on ways we can make One Acre Fund Kigali offices exceptional places to work, then turning that feedback into action.
- Perform other support tasks as needed.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3 years of of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and external partners.
- Excellent organisational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new software such as Google Docs.
- Language: English and Kinyarwanda are required.
Education and Experience
- Degree: University degree with preference for Business Administration, Public Administration or any other business-related area.
- Experience with office management systems required.
- Experience working in a client-facing role is desirable.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Rwanda nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.