About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund began in Kenya and it is now one of our largest and fastest-growing countries of operation. Our vision for 2030 is to end hunger in Kenya and provide a pathway to prosperity for every farm family in the nation. One Acre Fund Kenya is transitioning from a start-up to a mature operation – and we need additional high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Kenya team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of hundreds of thousands of farm families.
The work of the Kenya Corporate Operations Lead would include, but not be limited to:
Strategy & Vision: As the department head, you will work together with global and Kenya leadership to contribute to setting a clear vision and set of priorities for Corporate Operations. You will drive forward building our team culture within our headquarters and across all our Kenya offices.
- You will be responsible for gathering team feedback on ways we can make One Acre Fund an exceptional place to work, then turning that feedback into action.
Operational Management: You will be responsible for leading all Kenya operational support functions through a team of 30+, with a high-degree of independence. You will set strategy and drive progress on all operational support systems to ensure our program is running effectively. An ideal candidate will be able to design standard operational processes and tools to measure the quality and consistency of all services the department provides. Operation support systems include:
- Office Management: You will oversee the team who ensures the smooth running of office systems and services, both at our headquarters and regional offices.
- Facility & Residential Property Management: You will manage a team that runs our housing facilities and ensures top-quality maintenance, cleanliness, and hospitality services for homes and guest rooms. This will include working with department managers, support staff, our internal Infrastructure team and external security providers and to provide administrative support for these processes.
- Transport Management: You will manage a team which provides safe vehicles, develops transport policies and systems, and liaises with external providers (taxi companies, shuttle services, etc.) with an aim of providing reliable and consistent transport support to our team.
- Security Management: You will be the primary liaison with our OAF Security Team, guaranteeing safety and security to every single member of the organization.
- External Visitor Support Systems: You will manage a team of people who host visitors, candidates, and donors and provide them with high-level strategic and logistical support.
- Welcome and Onboarding: Ensure visitors, interview candidates, and new hires are welcomed when they arrive. You will manage a team that offers logistical support and runs the organization’s onboarding program.
Security and health coordination: You will ensure all Kenya security and health protocols are in place, working closely with global teams to help ensure the safety and well-being of our team. This includes staff trainings, infrastructure, information flows, emergency procedures, health and safety advice, and managing outsourced security contracts. In case of an emergency, you are able to coordinate an appropriate response quickly and efficiently.
Team management and development: You will be responsible for managing a large team to execute all day-to-day Corporate Operations functions. You will also be responsible for their professional growth and building team capacity to run a smooth and sustainable operation. Management will include staff coaching, mentorship, and consistent feedback.
Team & Culture: An ideal candidate will serve as a leader and role model to the Kenya team at large, modeling the One Acre Fund values, investing in people, and engaging across the team. You will manage and create feedback channels to ensure all staff groups can be heard and receive clear communication from country leadership. Keep pulse on team feedback and concerns.An ideal candidate will be able to relate well to staff at all levels, mediate conflict, and discuss staffing issues effectively with leadership.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3+ years of work experience a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates fitting the following profile are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experience. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, managing a large team, starting a business).
- Strong educational background; Bachelors Degree in relevant field
- Prior experience in external relations, property management, logistics, and/or office administration is ideal, but mostly we are looking for a smart generalist with great communication skills and a knack for quick and effective execution of projects.
- Management: Passionate about managing others and invested in their development; prior management experience a plus.
- Team building. We are looking for someone who can motivate others to get work done and build a strong team unit and culture.
- Driven and results-oriented. This role requires excellent self-management, keeping up with a fast pace of work, while constantly improving and meeting deadlines.
- Language: English required, Swahili useful.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
65% Kakamega, up to 35% Nairobi or location of your choice
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.