The Program Design department’s vision is to provide strategic direction and annual planning for core activities, driving towards the achievement of the Kenya program's ambitious scale and impact goals.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Own selected initiatives from Repayment project pipeline
- Testing the efficacy of/updating select Repayment tools and recommendations on how the tools could be improved further
- Conversion of select Repayment materials for Tablet use
- Explore additional Telerivet (2-way SMS messaging) functions for Repayment
- Other activities as assigned by Manager
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional, early career professional with 0-1 years of experience. Candidates fitting the following profile are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Citizenship in Kenya – you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport biodata page or your national ID card
- Exceptional recent college graduates or young professionals. Individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree as of June 2019 are eligible for One Acre Fund internships/fellowships
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google suite (Calendar, sheets, docs etc).
- Analytical background and understanding of statistical methods, including use of R or STATA strongly preferred
- Ability to coordinate across different teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in project management and developing media content (e.g. photography, creation and editing of videos etc for Tablet use) preferred
- Exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills - writing sample may be requested
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work and outside work
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic attitude and creative problem-solver
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
22nd April 2019
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing. The fellowship/internship program is a recruiting initiative.
Note: Please submit a Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurriculars, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request, after the final interview.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.