About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund launched its Nigeria Pilot in Minna, Niger State in March of 2018. In that first season, the pilot enrolled 144 farmers and increased maize yields on average by 22%. In 2019, the program is expanding to 800-1,000 farmers and investing in delivering significantly higher maize yield increases, while continuing to emphasize learning what our customers want and how to deliver it sustainably.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy & Execution
- Lead the day-to-day execution of the Field Operations team through their annual cycles of sales, deliveries, extension services, and loan collection, while exploring and testing ways to increase the number of clients each Field Staff member can serve.
- Develop the Field Officer training program, from hiring & on boarding to salesmanship, extension services, and customer satisfaction.
- Craft and monitor KPIs and oversee data collection & analysis efforts, to ensure that the program is learning the right things from regular interactions with farmers.
- Oversee expansion strategy, exploring program-fit in new areas of Niger State and other states in Nigeria, while engaging local leadership and farmers alike to partner with us.
- Transformation & Innovation
- You will lead efforts to integrate new technology into the daily work of the Field Team in order to increase their capacity to manage new and recurring customer needs.
- You will invest in the skill-building of the Field Team staff- salesmanship, agricultural knowledge, and pedagogical capabilities- to drastically increase their ability to connect with, educate, and serve farmers.
- You will work hand-in-hand with the Research and Development team to research and test the efficacy of different interventions, with a focus on understanding what farmers want and how the program can deliver those products and services.
- Lead People
- Lead and grow a team of ten to fifteen full-time staff, investing in their ability to deliver fantastic customer service, with the potential to grow the team exponentially in future seasons.
- Directly manage, mentor and develop senior field leaders to take on increasing levels of independence and responsibility within the team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3 years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for our mission Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Strong work experiences in agricultural and/or start-up environments. Part of the launch of a startup, early stage growth company, or new product/market in an established company. Preferably in West Africa
- Ready and able to wear multiple hats, often on the same day, solving problems as they arise across the program.
- Comfortable celebrating failure when it leads to learning and iteration.
- Able to work with quantitative and qualitative information, exercise judgment, and make decisions in the context of uncertainty.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a dynamic working environment, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Experience using GIS software
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English required, Hausa preferred.
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes. Nigerians are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.