One Acre Fund Kenya is now one of our largest and fastest-growing countries of operation. Our vision for 2030 is to end hunger in Kenya and provide a pathway to prosperity for every farm family in the nation. The Program Design department’s vision is to provide strategic direction and annual planning for core activities, driving towards the achievement of the Kenya program's ambitious scale and impact goals. The Program Design Enrollment Associate is responsible for managing the country’s enrollment execution and marketing strategy work, and supporting the professional development of the team focused on this work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Program Design team consists of 21 HQ-based staff members, and another 80 field staff members operating in our expansion pilot. The Program Design Enrollment Associate is responsible for personally managing the two Enrollment Specialists.
- Specific tasks include facilitating impactful weekly check-ins with all reports, holding bi-annual coffee chats with all members of the team in their reporting lines, conducting bi-annual performance reviews for all staffers, and supporting on the creation and tracking of development areas through tools like development plans and path to promotions.
- The Program Design Enrollment Associate is responsible for ensuring that all team members in their reporting line receive the support they need to complete their project goals, while simultaneously supporting their professional development and providing them with stretch opportunities to grow their careers at One Acre Fund.
- The Enrollment Associate is responsible for analysing annual enrollment/marketing results, making strategic recommendations on annual strategy, and executing the annual planning process.
- Enrollment-related projects include:
- Building Yearly Marketing Strategy, reviewing last year’s performance with key stakeholders and running various analyses to determine marketing focus for the following season. Draw on the strategy throughout planning and execution to ensure that it is brought to life. Create all enrollment related training and materials for field officers.
- Executing on Key Planning for Enrollment, leading a country-wide “working group”, where key project components like contract creation, loan terms and conditions, and marketing materials are discussed and planned. Create the enrollment calendar, and ensure that all teams are on track to achieve goals. Create contingency plans and trigger action if we fall below KPIs. Work with graphic designer to create marketing materials farmers will interface with in the field. Lead on the yearly radio campaign, liaising with radio stations and creating content.
- Support and Mentorship of Enrollment Team, Regular check-ins and management with the two enrollment specialists. to support them on the week-to-week execution of their work. Investment in the specialists’ professional skills, to enable them to take on more responsibility and grow their career at One Acre Fund
- Lead Strategic Research and Analysis to Increase Scale, determining further research needs to improve on marketing and enrollment for the Kenya program. Execute on all necessary qualitative field research, phone surveys, and data analysis effectively and synthesize into usable reports to help guide the program in making data-driven marketing decisions
- Strategy & Vision
- Contribute to setting Program Design Annual Objective Key Results (OKRs), and responsible for the execution and follow up of all OKR’s under Enrollment
- Measure progress against goals, regularly report on progress, and hold the team accountable to prioritizing and delivering results in key strategic areas.
- Set the annual Kenya marketing strategy.
- Carefully manage the budget of all project work, which totals to more than $800,000. Most important projects to make smart spending decisions and track budgeting on are mobilization casuals, radio marketing, printed color marketing materials, product kit ordering, and printed forms (i.e. contracts, farmer worksheets).
- Proactively and effectively communicate up to country leadership, down to departments, and across to other sets of leaders plans, goals and progress for enrollment. Enrollment work, in particular, requires significant Kenya program-wide communication, as it is central to what we all do.
- Ensure enrollment team members are collaborating effectively with individuals, teams and divisions outside of the department. Set-up appropriate systems of communication to keep everyone moving together, particularly through the working groups.
- Participate in global Filed Operations (FOPs) work and collaborate with other country programs.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2 to 5+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc.).
Strong educational background; Bachelors Degree required.
Project planning and goal setting: demonstrated ability to set short-, medium- and/or long-term goals appropriate for a project.
Growth mindset: willing to give and receive feedback openly.
Results oriented: sets goals and takes ownership of driving towards them.
Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work and enthusiasm for learning.
Demonstrated ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
Marketing experience preferred: successful experience working as a leader in a marketing project leading a team from conceptualization to the achievement of the project’s objectives.
Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
A willingness to commit to living in rural areas for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
Language: English required, Swahili is a plus.
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, annual flights and other quality of life benefits.
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya. Kenya nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.