The Global Procurement teams are responsible for over $11M in spend each year across over 12,000 transactions and are responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 700,000 smallholder farmers. We are seeking a strong individual to help improve process efficiency, drive 5% of purchasing cost out of the system, implement process/systems improvement projects, and help build team capacity across all countries of operation.
You will coordinate across teams at One Acre Fund to maintain the consistent flow of purchasing information and ultimately help deliver a world class purchasing department at the feet of our 700,000+ farmers across East and Southern Africa.
The overarching goals of this role are to:
- Save money across the organization by improving process efficiency
- Prevent and detect lack of process compliance and fraud through a reinforced controls environment
- Support procurement strategic decisions by improving data accuracy across all procurement teams
- Build team capacity and support staff professional development across all procurement teams
- Manage a small procurement team while driving execution excellence in our operational goods/services procurement and delivery operations
Responsibilities of the Global Procurement Specialist will include:
- Save Organizational Costs
- Coordinate cost-saving measurement activities across OAF countries and continuously improve cost-saving measurement techniques and tools
- Coordinate forecasting activities across OAF countries to help increase on-time delivery, benefit from economies of scale and reduce process repeatability
- Drive procurement cost reduction by developing strategies including but not limited process-automation of repeatable tasks
- Provide support to country teams on major tendering activities
- Tighten Controls Environment:
- Develop and run process compliance controls checks across all OAF countries
- Help reduce financial losses by running fraud prevention controls across all OAF countries
- Deliver fraud prevention trainings
- Report on controls to systems and organizational leadership
- Process Improvement
- Map out current procurement practices to identify and implement cost- and time-saving improvements.
- Implement and document standardized practices to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer service
- Re-think and implement reinforced quality assurance and inventory management processes in order to reduce % stock outs and eliminate quality issues across the supply chain
- Coordinate procurement reporting activities while providing visibility to country program leadership
- Support in-country Procurement Managers with performance management and professional development activities
- Data Quality Management
- Quality check data collection and help maintain 100% accurate procurement data to support in/cross-country analysis and procurement strategic decisions
- Run regular data controls and work with procurement country teams to prevent inaccurate data collection
- Collaborate with SAP Data team to standardize product categories and improve data granularity across all OAF countries
- Team Management
- Manage a 2-person team in Zambia (and potentially a second small country team) while providing support on team daily operations and professional development
- Deliver requested items to clients 100% on time, at the right specifications and at prices that are consistently below market rates
- Set clear and well-documented expectations for all staff members on the procurement team and hold staff accountable to these rigorous expectations
- Identify opportunities to grow the team and work with manager on recruitment of strong local talent
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement and supply chain. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required
- At least 3 years of people or project management experience at work or outside of work
- Experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering, or consulting preferred, but not required
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
- Able to independently structure analyses related to procurement subject matter
- A passion for world class customer service
- Strong communication skills with reports, peers and management
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Strong computer skills in at least Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, experience using SAP preferred
- Top-performing academic background
- Language: Fluent in English, French preferred
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africa Candidates are encouraged to apply
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.