The Financial Planning and Analysis team – akin to a country CFOs - leads our finance strategy and provides an analytical perspective on all major decisions (enrollment, pricing, incentives, org-structure, etc). This consulting team provides concise and actionable advice around how to best achieve countries and programs’ scale and impact goals in the most financially efficient way. The FAS goal is ultimately to complete financial sustainability.
As a young organization, we will rely on your recommendations and thorough analysis. Thus, we are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience. The position offers pathways into country executive team positions or regional management.
We are seeking a candidate to lead financial decisions for our Tanzania and Ethiopia program, and the role is based in Iringa, Tanzania.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Financial Consulting for Country Leadership in Tanzania and Ethiopia. Shape strategy on all major operational decisions by analyzing them under a financial light. Work with Countries Leadership to increase revenue, decrease cost / farmer, and mitigate financial risks.
- Develop the Financial Models for Key Decisions. Support the various teams in evolving the way we do financial analytics. For example:
- Work with field operations to identify profitable districts and decrease incentives
- Work with logistics to decrease the cost per farmer
- Work with human resources to develop a lean staffing structure
- Work with our innovations team to lead our pricing strategy
- Supporting Tanzania and Ethiopia Leadership to Determine long term Strategy. Work with the countries leadership to ensure that a solid strategic plan is in place to push the organization towards higher sustainability, more farmers, and greater impact.
- Annual Budget Facilitator and Champion. Lead the annual budgeting process, working with 15+ Department Heads and allocating resources efficiently across different business units. Accurately forecast our financials, one year out, so that our executive teams can make well-informed decisions.
- Orient the firm investments towards the greatest opportunities. Work with our youngest programs and various teams across the organization to orient our investments towards the most promising business models.
- Country Finance point of contact. Act as the main country representative and project manage a variety of finance-related projects by working to connect our Business Development, Accounting, and Treasury teams with country teams.
- Time Split. An ideal time split would be 50% Strategy, 40% Analytics, 5-10% Budget formation. 75% Tanzania and 25% Ethiopia and Global.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 2+ years work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience in a finance function (e.g. SME management consulting, an entrepreneurial role, working as a business or finance analyst).
- Strong financial modeling expertise
- Independent and entrepreneurial drive
- Confidence with numbers and providing quick, insightful analyses of the stories behind the numbers.
- Ability to clearly communicate in a logical and structured way to an audience with widely varying levels of expertise and interests.
- Ability and drive to work independently, while effectively prioritizing potentially conflicting demands from various teams.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including both verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Strong educational background.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track position with potential to grow into a management role.
- Language: English required. Swahili a plus.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; must have existing rights to work in Tanzania.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.