The Field Support Specialist is responsible for leading the delivery of excellent HR services to a team of 2,500+ Field staff located across Kenya. (S)he will manage a team of 15+ Regional HR Assistants to deliver world-class HR resources, training, and staff support. This role reports to the HR Lead.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand wider HR strategy and overseeing its implementation within the Field Operations team.
- Report to the HR Lead at the headquarters. Work together to shape field-facing HR policies and processes.
- Plan and facilitate Regional HR Associates monthly meetings.
- Be accountable for the excellent and timely delivery of HR services to field-based staff, across 40+ districts in Kenya.
- Advise and guide Field leadership in the execution of core people management responsibilities.
- Supervise Regional HR Assistants in the execution of daily HR activities, providing necessary guidance and advice. Lead performance management of the team, meeting key performance indicators.
- Implement key HR projects and initiatives to improve staff support and well-being.
- Handle disciplinary cases when necessary.
- Offer advisory support on matters relating to Field staff welfare or challenges.
- Display exceptional project management skills and an ability to multitask and prioritize in a challenging environment
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with a passion for people support and experience in HR. We are seeking someone with the following:
- Ability to develop the role with exemplary conduct and to represent the HR function in the field;
- Ability to guide, support, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to HR staff under her/his direct supervision;
- Ability to advise key stakeholders on all aspects of people management and development;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain partnerships at all levels of the delegation, both with staff and managers;
- Excellent and effective communication and listening skills and ability to interact collaboratively in a multicultural team;
- Strong analytical, decision making and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner;
- Cultural awareness and commitment to encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- A degree in social sciences or any related field
- Human Resources Certification
- Strong Academic background, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in an HR generalist or HR Manager function
- National experience, preferably in the humanitarian sector, would be a distinct asset
- Effective at crisis management and good at making instant decisions
- 2 years’ experience in Project management and execution
- Very good command of English, written and spoken
- Fully conversant with office package
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; must have existing rights to work in Kenya. Kenyans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.