One Acre Fund is looking for experienced, fiercely entrepreneurial, and humble leaders to build scalable solutions for smallholder farmers. In these roles, you will be responsible for moving projects from pilot to scale by (1) using customer insights and business experiments to rapidly drive forward innovative solutions, (2) designing and implementing growth strategies for successful pilots, and (3) leading a high performing team that embodies the values of One Acre Fund. You excel in the ambiguity of a startup environment and you are eager to drive the success of new ideas.
Examples of possible project include:
- One Acre Fund Duka: Launch a new highly-scalable retail model through which One Acre Fund can sell impactful agricultural and lifestyle products. Develop strategies to ensure high sales, efficient operations, and an excellent customer experience.
- One Acre Fund Kuku: Create a franchise model selling improved poultry (kuku) across Kenya through entrepreneurial partners.
- Solar PayGo: Design, plan, and develop a highly skilled rural sales force and scalable systems to to sell solar products via a Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGO) platform.
Responsibilities for these roles would include, but are not limited to:
Strategy and Vision
- Design a strategy to scale new programs quickly within a budget and ambitious targets for the team to perform against.
- Contribute to setting department and project level OKRs, KPS, and project targets.
- Measure progress against goals, regularly report on progress, and hold team accountable to delivering results.
- Participate in global innovations work and collaboration with other country programs.
- Lead a high performing team and foster a culture that embraces One Acre Fund’s vision and values.
- Ensure that all staff receive effective mentorship to promote career growth.
- Implement best practices and initiatives to contribute to a more diverse and inclusive work environment.
Product / Customer Research
- Generate insights through surveys, human-centered design, and rapid business experiments that will lead to better products, services, and sales models for customers.
- Use insights gathered during the pilot to generate rapid improvements to trials that ensure we are offering products and services that customers love.
- Monitor customer experience, pricing, marketing, sales, distribution, and service in pilots to continuously drive forward improvements.
Scaling New Programs
- Create detailed project plans that allow for seamless execution of complex operations.
- Develop a deep understanding of One Acre Fund systems and processes in order to make smart pilot design and execution choices.
- Coordinate closely with departments across One Acre Fund’s in-country and global teams, ensuring all requirements are understood by supporting teams.
- Create excellence in all aspects of the pilot / program, including marketing, repayment, field staff management, distribution, and after-sales support.
- Meet with and maintain relationships with key external partners of One Acre Fund. This could include product suppliers, donors to One Acre Fund, consultants, and leaders from partner organizations.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking multiple exceptional professionals with 2+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc).
- Ability to come up with innovative and creative solutions to challenges - an entrepreneurial mindset is a strong asset.
- Strong project management skills. We are looking for someone who can plan and execute trial / pilot plans on tight schedules.
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to work with quantitative and qualitative information, exercise judgement, and make decisions in the context of uncertainty, and use data effectively to drive strategy.
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position with strong demonstrated previous work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required, knowledge of Swahili useful.
Preferred Start Date
As Soon As Possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, annual flights and other quality of life benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes. East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.