One Acre Fund began in Kenya and is now one of our largest and fastest-growing countries of operation. Our vision for 2030 is to end hunger in Kenya and provide a pathway to prosperity for every farm family in the nation. One Acre Fund Kenya is transitioning from a start-up to a mature operation – and we need additional high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Kenya team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of hundreds of thousands of farm families.
The Field Operations Deliveries Associate is tasked with collaborating with stakeholders in Business Operations, Logistics, and other teams to ensure that over 50+ unique inputs (totaling over 32 million kgs in 2018) are distributed to our ever growing client base. They are also charged with driving more efficient processes and systems that will allow us to deliver a growing range of inputs to more clients in a wider geographic area as One Acre Fund rapidly scales. The Field Operations Deliveries Associate’s responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
Strategy & Vision
- Contribute to the Field Operations 5 Year Plan, annual ‘Objectives and Key Results’ goals and planning processes for the Field Operations department. Ensure annual plans align with the country program’s long-term vision and targets.
- Measure progress against goals, regularly report on progress, and hold the team accountable for delivering results in key strategic areas.
- Drive Field Operations to scale our services to more clients efficiently while maintaining a high level of service.
- In all high level discussions at a country and global level, you will be responsible for representing the synthesized view of your team on all things Delivery related for Kenya Field Operations.
Delivery Planning, Execution and TroubleShooting
- Coordinate planning and execution of major seasonal deliveries. This involves:
- Planning and coordinating the Input Delivery Working Group in collaboration with key stakeholders in Business Operations and Logistics
- Updating and executing on key field-facing trainings (train Field Staff on their roles and responsibilities during Input Delivery)
- Triaging and resolving field facing issues during input delivery
- Collecting and analyzing metrics gathered during input delivery to drive future delivery improvements.
- Manage and mentor one sub-department managers (Materials Execution & Issue Resolution Specialist)
- Ensure the sub-department’s tasks are executed to world-class standards including:
- Procurement and delivery of trainings, materials, and tools to field staff to facilitate weekly Field activities
- Delivery of performance incentives to staff and clients
- Field support issue resolution
- Collaboratively set department KPIs and metrics to measure success
- Regularly solicit feedback from the wider team and other departments
Strategic Improvements and Collaboration
- Identify and prioritize operations improvement projects to allow us to scale to more farmers, more efficiently, and offer a better service.
- Participate in other relevant Working Groups to collaborate with colleagues to move forward on key initiatives. These include Enrollment WG, Package WG, Expansion WG and others.
- Participate in Global Operations work and collaborate with other country programs.
People Management & Training
- Serve as direct management line to one mid-level management staff, who oversees the Materials Execution and Issue Resolution sub-department (all told, a team of three).
- Management will include oversight, weekly reporting meetings, performance reviews and development, strategic direction and support.
- Ensure that all staff receives effective mentorship to promote career growth and capacity to handle the organization’s rapid growth.
- Personally lead training sessions for senior staff members.
- Lead and support the hiring of staff members within the sub-department.
Team & Culture
- Within your sub-department, ensure all staff members are connected to the mission and feel motivated to serve our farmers each day.
- Serve as a leader and role model to the Kenya team at large. Embody One Acre Fund’s core values: Humble Service, Hard Work, Continual Growth, Family of Leaders, Dream Big, and Integrity.
- Monitor team morale, plan and mitigate any changes that could create disharmony amongst staff.
- Implement best practices and initiatives that contribute to a more diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Make Field Operations and One Acre Fund a great place to work.
Spending and Budgeting
- Participate in annual budgeting process for your sub-department; anticipate spending for the year based on annual plans.
- Each month, flag any expected over-expenditures and identify possible ways to offset costs
- Identify ways for the department to become more efficient
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-3+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position with strong demonstrated previous work experience.
- Experience in Logistics, Supply Chain Management and/or Database Management are highly preferred.
- Experience working in a complex organization effectively with examples of leadership in that environment, including strong skills in relationship building and management within organizations.
- Well-organized with demonstrated experience in managing projects with a high degree of complexity and detail.
- Ability and demonstrated experience to work under pressure, producing quality work with little supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Willingness to ask questions, comfort pointing out challenges or mistakes and an ability to give clear, direct and professional upward feedback.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years - this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite required. Experience with any programming, statistical, database management, inventory management software is a strong plus.
- Language: English required in Kenya. Swahili-speakers strongly encouraged to apply.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, annual flights and other quality of life benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.