Are you passionate about talent and the impact it can have on an organization’s growth? Do you have experience implementing innovative strategies for finding top talent? Are you motivated by working in a challenging and fast-paced environment? If so, you might be perfect to lead One Acre Fund’s global recruitment team.
At One Acre Fund, we believe that our people team is the single greatest factor determining our long-term success. Our Recruitment Team, which is tasked with attracting the talent to lead our growth in the years to come, is where our impact starts. We are seeking an exceptional leader in recruitment to develop and lead the overall strategy to grow our staff from 7000+ to over 15,000 team members in the next 5 years. This growth in staff will support the program expansion to provide more than a billion dollars of annual impact to smallholder farmers globally.
The Recruitment Director will achieve these hiring targets by managing a team of 25+ individuals spread across 10 countries. The Director and team receive and process more than 50,000 applications each year for 300+ positions to serve smallholder farmers.
The Recruitment Director will join our globally-based People Operations team and ensure we are recruiting the world’s best professionals to join our ranks. The main job duties are as follows:
Setting Department Strategy and Vision
- Work with senior leaders to collaboratively set and execute on long-term vision for the full recruitment team – including the sub-department areas of talent sourcing and outreach, candidate experience, and recruitment innovations
- Drive key strategic initiatives forward such as inclusive hiring, implementing technology to make hiring more efficient, driving creative solutions to attract top talent
- Oversee the yearly team goal setting, project pipeline and distribution of work among team members to ensure we’re hitting goals while maintaining a high job satisfaction for team members
- Build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships across own team and several global departments, and amongst key leaders in all countries
- Identify and execute on key areas of strategic innovation for recruitment
Team Leadership and Management
- Directly manage 2-3 sub-team leaders. Management will include oversight, weekly reporting meetings, performance and development reviews, and strategic direction and support
- Ensure that all staff receives effective mentorship to promote career growth
- Work with other recruitment managers to set goals, drive progress, and problem solve
Reporting and Analysis
- Regularly reporting to leadership on recruitment activities and progress towards targets
- Set weekly and monthly team key performance indicators – monitoring and keeping targets on track
- Analyzing key recruitment initiatives and regular performance to optimize recruitment at One Acre Fund
- Work closely with finance teams to determine annual staffing budget and then with key hiring managers to determine staffing strategy to achieve program objectives
- Counsel hiring mangers on staffing options to optimize cost efficiency, team performance and impact
- Oversee department budget – setting the annual budget and doing monthly Budget v. Actuals analysis to keep the department on budget
Administration and Oversight of Key Recruitment Activities
- Conduct interviews for key leadership positions
- Perform quality control on recruitment activities to ensure standardization across country and level of position
One Acre Fund is a young organization; as such, there may be additional responsibilities that arise. We are looking for a flexible and enthusiastic professional who can tackle any task that will improve their team and the organization at large.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking someone with a deep interest in people, talent, and sourcing; experience in a fast-paced work environment; and an interest in our mission. The ideal candidate possesses the following qualities and experience:
- 10+ years of professional experience in recruitment, executive search, or related areas in East, West and/or Southern Africa
- Minimum 5 years direct management experience with strong examples of people development
- Experience leading a large team. Demonstrated ability to set a vision and work through a team to achieve the vision
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the Recruitment Director will have daily contact with senior leaders in the organization, the broader recruitment team, and a wide range of candidates and should be able to engage with them in a friendly and professional way
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort with public speaking are required
- Comfortable networking – enjoys creating and maintaining positive relationships for professional purposes
- Internal drive: the Recruitment Director will manage a large team and must be able to proactively drive forward their own work as well as training, delegating and supporting team members so that all work is completed to achieve recruitment targets
- Knowledge of existing sourcing channels and the ability to innovate with creative new ways to find candidates
- Strong judgment and the ability to prioritize multiple demanding tasks
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Language: English required; Swahili and/or French a plus
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible to allow for training and overlap with the current director.
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, housing, annual flights, and other quality of life benefits.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans are encouraged to apply